Voting Cycle/Contest Schedule


OK, so I may have changed the way the site looks a little.
Nothing drastic, though—that'll happen when we switch
to Ning 3.0 later this year. (Boo...)


Hello again! Here's what I'm thinking for our new Voting Cycle schedule. Remember that you will be signing up and voting for three adaptations at a time.


  • Sign-ups End: 10th of Jan, March, May, July, Sep, Nov
  • Voting Cycle Begins: 15th of Jan, March, May, July, Sep, Nov
  • Voting Cycle Ends: 25th of Jan, March, May, July, Sep, Nov
  • Results Announced: 27th of Jan, March, May, July, Sep, Nov


Please let me know if that sounds good to you!


ETA: I want to propose that our Original Web Series Pitch Contest follow that schedule also. 

For scene contests, I'm thinking the following:

Submissions due: 25th of preceding month
Round #1 Voting: 1st - 10th
Round #1 Winners Announced: 12th
Round #2 Voting: 15th - 25th
Round #2 Winner Announced: 27th

5 comments:

  1. That sounds excellent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the schedule sounds great! I think it will make the voting cycles more prominent as the process takes place over the course of the month. I think this will make them seem more important as events. I think 10 days is a good amount of time to be voting for as I think it gives people enough time to view all the videos for all the BTFA's, yet isn't so long that people start to get bored. I think all the schedules you have suggested sound great!!

    The only thing I do have to say is that, it's probably just me, but I always seem to end up being less active when voting is going on, I think it's just some weird mindset I got myself into for some reason. So I think it's just me being weird, but the schedule, even though it looks amazing, feels a bit daunting for me and pretty full on every month. I'm the kind of person who has to try do everything, which means I will probably attempt to go for all nine BTFA's, as well as all the contests every other month. But then I'm also the kind of person, that when I take on too much in one go, it gets too much, and everything falls apart.

    So basically my only concern is that I won't be able to keep up with practising monologues for every BTFA as well as doing all the contests, at least while I'm still in school (till like half way through June). However, I don't think this will be a proper concern, because not everyone is stupid enough like me, to attempt everything all at the same time, while they have loads of other commitments :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not stupid! I'll probably attempt a lot of stuff, too, if I can. But maybe you can think of it this way: You don't only have 10 days to get ready and sign up for a voting cycle; you have those 10 days plus all of the previous month (except time spent on contests), and in theory, even more time than that.

      Delete
  3. Looks good to me! My only concern for deadlines is to make it really obvious when things are due and for what and when its voting time and all of that. Like, maybe do more announcements on facebook/twitter/tumblr and make it really easy to find on UBC. There are so many members I'd see (myself definitely included) asking around when stuff is due and signing up multiple times (or forgetting to sign up ack!) and yeah. That's really not your fault though, like it wasn't hard to find in the first place, but people tend to get lazy and things slip their minds. I know this wasn't really the purpose of this blog post, but oh well. :P

    ReplyDelete